Deutsche Welle

A key factor in language learning is the quality of materials at hand. A good book counts for a lot. A good teacher is nigh on priceless. But what about internet resources? Do they unlock the great potential they so obviously hold? Sometimes.

With Deutsche Welle I can only give praise. They are a fantastic resource for German learning, in terms of news, exercises, audio and radio - they really have it all. Indeed, without DW I don't think my German would be half as advanced as it is, so I'm truly thankful for all the effort and investment they've put into this resource. Another thing I enjoy is the redesign they've just given their website, making it cleaner and more elegant. Style is important, something the Language Forum I frequent could certainly work on.

I don't know about other countries' efforts in this area, apart from my very own BBC, which is admirable if perhaps slightly dated now in languages (content does not seem to get updated much, and quality is seemingly lacking). But Deutsche Welle is an excellent model, for which the architects and employees should be justifiably proud.  Thank you!

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Copyright Alex Tuck, 2012. Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.